A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
This EXAM is done 100% without any verbal commands. Do note, the Sit/Stay is 60 seconds at 6' and the Stand is 60 seconds.
If you can do this and pass tomorrow, awesome. If not, take another week to complete. BTW, cease the 'hop' when you command "Heel", just go and let your leg do the leash communicating. YES, you will most likely get bruises on your left shin if you don't already have them there.
OK. Will try but most likely will need the week. I will stop the hop but I thought I was supposed to go fast for the first heel step to correct her lagging??? Thanks!! Nancy
This EXAM is done 100% without any verbal commands. Do note, the Sit/Stay is 60 seconds at 6' and the Stand is 60 seconds.
ReplyDeleteIf you can do this and pass tomorrow, awesome. If not, take another week to complete. BTW, cease the 'hop' when you command "Heel", just go and let your leg do the leash communicating. YES, you will most likely get bruises on your left shin if you don't already have them there.
Roxanne
OK. Will try but most likely will need the week. I will stop the hop but I thought I was supposed to go fast for the first heel step to correct her lagging???
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
Nancy
Yes, start fast, but without the hop.
ReplyDelete