A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Sofie and place with the negative space on top of the raised surface. Sean was able to cut down the small pvc piping for me to make the negative space fit on top of the klimb. Wasn't able to get to ACE Hardware tonight. They close so early 5pm. Ugh! Sofie did very well tonight with the poles exercise. She got an automatic correction that joked her and then she was like...that hurt, I don't want that again.... N
Like the Kiss hand signal, the "Place" hand signal MUST be at eye level and in front of the dog's right eye for the dog to see. Remember to 'Start in a Sit and end in a Sit'.
LOVE your new happier voice, tone and pitch working Sofie. Bet she's appreciating that shift within you too.
Hi. I think she is enjoying a nicer Nancy, although I must admit sometimes it is an act, as I'm so tired and dealing with a lot. But, Sofie is such a sweet dog and makes me so happy. She deserves the very best. The kids are enjoying her new teenage tricks! Today, she stole shoes and hid under the couch with them as if to say, "Can't catch me under here guys!" She also decided to chase the cat, but she is more grown up now and able to deal with that situation better, at least I hope. OK, so I should stand tall and straight when I say "Here and touch" from the place command and I need to back up a bit when I give her the command for "place" so she can see my hand signal to the right of her eye. Start in sit and end in sit. Tonight, we practiced in the kitchen and she laid down. How do I get her up to a sit from laying down? Thanks! She did pretty well with place with the negative space tonight. Enjoy the rest of your night. Nancy
When she collapses into a Down, pay attention to why she has done so. If she is fried, haul her back up into a Sit, then release her and let her Kay down. She is D.O.N.E. and you need to quit. If she is doing the Dien bec5she doesn't understand what to do, backwash to an earlier, easier exercise and then train again forward to success. Quit. Pay attention to her body. Is she sloppy sitting? Why? Is she going through a growth spurt? Is it to late in the day to do good training? It's a balancing act of knowing when to correct and when to help.
Sofie and place with the negative space on top of the raised surface. Sean was able to cut down the small pvc piping for me to make the negative space fit on top of the klimb. Wasn't able to get to ACE Hardware tonight. They close so early 5pm. Ugh! Sofie did very well tonight with the poles exercise. She got an automatic correction that joked her and then she was like...that hurt, I don't want that again....
ReplyDeleteN
Great dancing. Start her a smidge further away from the Place Board as she can't see your hand signal when she is so close.
ReplyDeleteGOOD WORK!
Like the Kiss hand signal, the "Place" hand signal MUST be at eye level and in front of the dog's right eye for the dog to see. Remember to 'Start in a Sit and end in a Sit'.
ReplyDeleteLOVE your new happier voice, tone and pitch working Sofie. Bet she's appreciating that shift within you too.
Hi. I think she is enjoying a nicer Nancy, although I must admit sometimes it is an act, as I'm so tired and dealing with a lot. But, Sofie is such a sweet dog and makes me so happy. She deserves the very best. The kids are enjoying her new teenage tricks! Today, she stole shoes and hid under the couch with them as if to say, "Can't catch me under here guys!" She also decided to chase the cat, but she is more grown up now and able to deal with that situation better, at least I hope. OK, so I should stand tall and straight when I say "Here and touch" from the place command and I need to back up a bit when I give her the command for "place" so she can see my hand signal to the right of her eye. Start in sit and end in sit. Tonight, we practiced in the kitchen and she laid down. How do I get her up to a sit from laying down?
ReplyDeleteThanks! She did pretty well with place with the negative space tonight.
Enjoy the rest of your night.
Nancy
When she collapses into a Down, pay attention to why she has done so. If she is fried, haul her back up into a Sit, then release her and let her Kay down. She is D.O.N.E. and you need to quit. If she is doing the Dien bec5she doesn't understand what to do, backwash to an earlier, easier exercise and then train again forward to success. Quit. Pay attention to her body. Is she sloppy sitting? Why? Is she going through a growth spurt? Is it to late in the day to do good training? It's a balancing act of knowing when to correct and when to help.
ReplyDeleteRoxanne
Let her lay down.
ReplyDelete