A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
I'm not sure I am doing the pole work correctly. Should I just walk in a straight line by the pole and keep walking or do the turns or both? Thanks! Nanc
No. The point of the poles is not that you accommodate where the dog is, the point is that you walk a straight line beside the pole and let the dog choose to either suck close to you or get 'caught' by the pole.
Also, drop your right arm while heeling. You have the dreaded 'Balloon Disease' where the hand mysteriously rises away from the body. This messes up that all important 'J' loop position of the leash kept below your left knee.
I'm not sure I am doing the pole work correctly. Should I just walk in a straight line by the pole and keep walking or do the turns or both?
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Nanc
No. The point of the poles is not that you accommodate where the dog is, the point is that you walk a straight line beside the pole and let the dog choose to either suck close to you or get 'caught' by the pole.
ReplyDeleteAlso, drop your right arm while heeling. You have the dreaded 'Balloon Disease' where the hand mysteriously rises away from the body. This messes up that all important 'J' loop position of the leash kept below your left knee.
Make sense?
Yes, thanks!!!
ReplyDeleteNancy