A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
NO luck with the pvc pipes today, as ACE Hardware closed at 2 before I got there. Will try later this week. Went behind the school but it started to rain so we worked underneath the trees. Place, stand, working on fixing the lag. But, I didn't allow enough space for us to work in underneath the trees, as I realized when I watched the video while uploading. Hopefully, it won't rain tomorrow, and we will work again. Can't really bring the Klimb into Lowes. I'm so tired of rain! Hope your weather is better out in Utah!! Nancy
Well Nancy, that was a fine piece of Week 2 Place, Stand and fixing the lagging as I've ever seen. And in the pouring rain. Your Place mechanics were EXCELLENT. Your FAST step on the "Heel" to fix her lagging was GREAT. And your STAND..splendid, really splendid. You are extremely methodical in how you learn and that is going to make you a fine handler once you are confident and smooth.
My only pointer? Heel her off the Stand position, don't do a "Sophie, Here" from a Stand. Not yet, not for a while, just "Heel" her off the board to a Halt.
Thanks for your review. Didn't expect a good one as I still feel very awkward but I will absolutely take it. I will "heel" her off the stand position instead of "here." I think I did that again tonight in the video I will post in a moment. We didn't get to go behind the school tonight. It's getting dark sooner, by 8pm these nights, and I don't get home with Megan till about 7:30pm so it's a bit difficult to fit in the work before it gets dark. I'm hoping to find a way to fit in working with Sofie during the day when I'm working from home. Obviously, can't do it during the day when I'm working at the office, every third week in rotation, but I think I would be much better and not so tired if I could try to work her during the day. N
NO luck with the pvc pipes today, as ACE Hardware closed at 2 before I got there. Will try later this week. Went behind the school but it started to rain so we worked underneath the trees. Place, stand, working on fixing the lag. But, I didn't allow enough space for us to work in underneath the trees, as I realized when I watched the video while uploading. Hopefully, it won't rain tomorrow, and we will work again. Can't really bring the Klimb into Lowes. I'm so tired of rain! Hope your weather is better out in Utah!!
ReplyDeleteNancy
Well Nancy, that was a fine piece of Week 2 Place, Stand and fixing the lagging as I've ever seen. And in the pouring rain. Your Place mechanics were EXCELLENT. Your FAST step on the "Heel" to fix her lagging was GREAT. And your STAND..splendid, really splendid. You are extremely methodical in how you learn and that is going to make you a fine handler once you are confident and smooth.
ReplyDeleteMy only pointer? Heel her off the Stand position, don't do a "Sophie, Here" from a Stand. Not yet, not for a while, just "Heel" her off the board to a Halt.
So very well done, Nancy!
Thanks for your review. Didn't expect a good one as I still feel very awkward but I will absolutely take it. I will "heel" her off the stand position instead of "here." I think I did that again tonight in the video I will post in a moment. We didn't get to go behind the school tonight. It's getting dark sooner, by 8pm these nights, and I don't get home with Megan till about 7:30pm so it's a bit difficult to fit in the work before it gets dark. I'm hoping to find a way to fit in working with Sofie during the day when I'm working from home. Obviously, can't do it during the day when I'm working at the office, every third week in rotation, but I think I would be much better and not so tired if I could try to work her during the day.
ReplyDeleteN