A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
I can't complete the circle around the Klimb as it is too big for my short legs, so I stepped on the back of it to complete the circle. Thanks for your feedback. Nancy
Your shoes are NOT ideal for dog training, but your pajamas make me laugh! At second count .9 seconds, you stepped off on your RIGHT foot when you wanted to step off on your LEFT foot with a "Heel" command.
Do make sure there is zero, nadda, zip, zelch leash pressure of ANY kind.
Pointers:
1) You are not doing the 'set' of her shoulders before you leave her. 2) I am not hearing the "Stay" command, nor seeing the Stay hand signal. 3) You are not in correct heel position, standing tall and straight, BEFORE you leave her.
I can't complete the circle around the Klimb as it is too big for my short legs, so I stepped on the back of it to complete the circle. Thanks for your feedback.
ReplyDeleteNancy
Your shoes are NOT ideal for dog training, but your pajamas make me laugh! At second count .9 seconds, you stepped off on your RIGHT foot when you wanted to step off on your LEFT foot with a "Heel" command.
ReplyDeleteDo make sure there is zero, nadda, zip, zelch leash pressure of ANY kind.
Pointers:
1) You are not doing the 'set' of her shoulders before you leave her.
2) I am not hearing the "Stay" command, nor seeing the Stay hand signal.
3) You are not in correct heel position, standing tall and straight, BEFORE you leave her.
Make those corrections and she will do better.