A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Hi. I have posted several videos just now, doing down, sit/stay with circles, and left about turn. I realize that I am not standing straight enough when I reel her in like a fish, saw that on the video, and why is she sitting at a 90 degree angle to me when I do AS? Perhaps I unintentionally rewarded that and shaped it that way? Thanks!! I will try to practice more tomorrow and then have Megan video me on Monday night. Will have to be broken up though, because I need the space behind the school for the hourglass exercise but I don't think that space is good for all of the test. Can you let me know by tomorrow if you think I need more practice? I will use Kaitlin's nurse tomorrow as the stranger for that exercise and perhaps to the SSIF at home as well, since you want it as a separate video for the exam. Thanks!! Nancy P.S. With all of the exams I have taken in my lifetime, and there have been some doozies, you would think that I wouldn't have such anxiety!! LOL!!
Ledt About Turn is wonderful. Fix her flared Sit following the prior instructions. Do it for EVERY flared Sit and in one day this flating will cease as Sofie takes responsibility for her heel position
OK. Got it. Really? I'm so glad I'm improving. And, my relationship with Sofie is developing nicely. I think Sean is a bit jealous though. I took her for a walk on the blue leash with the choke collar yesterday by herself, and it was so much better, when she forges ahead, I do a right about turn, I was getting dizzy doing it until she learned. Sean had previously walked Chester and I walked Sofie at the same time, but it didn't go well, because she just wanted to run and keep up with him, so then I had Sean go behind me with Chester, which was better, but still much better to walk her on her own at a separate time from Chester. I took Chester to the grocery store with Kaitlin last night and worked him, he did GREAT!! I thought he lost a lot of skills due to the pandemic, but he really was great! I'm so happy to have such great dogs, and will be even happier when I learn enough to train Sofie and continue down that path. Thanks again for all of your encouragement. Today was a difficult day, 3 of the 5 workers I have for Kaitlin told me they are changing their schedules and I will now have to switch everything around and find another person to help. Good news is that I was able to find someone to help but need to find one more. I'm praying a lot for this one, as it puts me in a bind, since I now must be in the office every third week, managing, which I truly don't like. Have a good rest of your Sunday. Nancy
Hi. I have posted several videos just now, doing down, sit/stay with circles, and left about turn. I realize that I am not standing straight enough when I reel her in like a fish, saw that on the video, and why is she sitting at a 90 degree angle to me when I do AS? Perhaps I unintentionally rewarded that and shaped it that way? Thanks!! I will try to practice more tomorrow and then have Megan video me on Monday night. Will have to be broken up though, because I need the space behind the school for the hourglass exercise but I don't think that space is good for all of the test. Can you let me know by tomorrow if you think I need more practice? I will use Kaitlin's nurse tomorrow as the stranger for that exercise and perhaps to the SSIF at home as well, since you want it as a separate video for the exam.
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
Nancy
P.S. With all of the exams I have taken in my lifetime, and there have been some doozies, you would think that I wouldn't have such anxiety!! LOL!!
That space behind the school is fine for the entire EXAM other than the Recall. You can do the Recall to SSIF in a separate video.
ReplyDeleteLedt About Turn is wonderful. Fix her flared Sit following the prior instructions. Do it for EVERY flared Sit and in one day this flating will cease as Sofie takes responsibility for her heel position
ReplyDeleteOK. Got it. Really? I'm so glad I'm improving. And, my relationship with Sofie is developing nicely. I think Sean is a bit jealous though. I took her for a walk on the blue leash with the choke collar yesterday by herself, and it was so much better, when she forges ahead, I do a right about turn, I was getting dizzy doing it until she learned. Sean had previously walked Chester and I walked Sofie at the same time, but it didn't go well, because she just wanted to run and keep up with him, so then I had Sean go behind me with Chester, which was better, but still much better to walk her on her own at a separate time from Chester. I took Chester to the grocery store with Kaitlin last night and worked him, he did GREAT!! I thought he lost a lot of skills due to the pandemic, but he really was great! I'm so happy to have such great dogs, and will be even happier when I learn enough to train Sofie and continue down that path.
ReplyDeleteThanks again for all of your encouragement. Today was a difficult day, 3 of the 5 workers I have for Kaitlin told me they are changing their schedules and I will now have to switch everything around and find another person to help. Good news is that I was able to find someone to help but need to find one more. I'm praying a lot for this one, as it puts me in a bind, since I now must be in the office every third week, managing, which I truly don't like.
Have a good rest of your Sunday.
Nancy