FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Sofie sit and stay 8/4/21


 

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure on this one. Do I have her standing or walking and then tell her to sit? and stay? I know the goal is for her to not move her feet at all. We tried it again on the back porch with fewer distractions and she did better, although he did move her feet, so I gathered the leash and walked into her while pulling upward to correct her, but do I say sit/stay again when I correct her?
    Thanks!!
    Nancy
    P.S. Sure, I can video the water bottle exercise. Tonight I used a combination of metal water bottles and plastic tall containers. She did knock over the plastic container, maybe because it was lighter, but she got an OUT! I think she thinks I'm crazy when I say OUT in dragon lady voice!
    Thanks for the advice on the Amish breeder! I don't have a good feeling either. And, we belong to an Amish Farm. In fact, I'm a host in my community. The farmer delivers food to my house in a few huge coolers and then members come and collect their food. Mostly, it's great fresh eggs and raw milk, cow and goat, and raw yogurt. The kids are allergic to cow dairy, so I have been getting goat dairy for years, and raw is so good for you with all those great enzymes! Yummy! But, maybe they should stick to farming instead of breeding dogs!
    LOL!
    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the Sit/Stay, don't 'hover', do the collar high and snug while you are standing beside her in proper Heel position. Give the hand signal for Stay AT THE SAME TIME you command "Stay" AT THE SAME TIME you step off on your right foot. All 3 of those things happen simultaneously. Then, stand in front of you tall and straight (unless praising to encourage eye contact).

    Make Sense?

    ReplyDelete