A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
More crazy 8 hoola hoop exercises. I will be away Sunday through Wednesday, 8/22-8/25, I think, depends on Hurricane Henri, may not be able to leave tomorrow, and if that is the case, we will stay an extra day and return home Thursday, 8/26. Hope Sofie doesn't regress too much. Last time I was away for 5 days she was upset with me for leaving her and I had to work super extra hard to catch up what I had lost with her. Let's see what happens. Nancy
So delighted with your use of 4 hula hoops and the bowtie triangles! Will reuse this post for future students as it is excellent. And you notice this exercise IS strengthening Sofie's understanding of Pace Changes and paying attention to your footwork?
When she will be on the outside turn, that is you've made the 2nd left turn and are heading straight into the center of the bowtie, as soon as you are heading straight to the center, do 2-4 small running steps BEFORE you then make the Right Turn. This trains a dog to pick up their Pace so when they do make that Right Turn they should be in Heel position beside you, not lagging. Does that make sense?
Hi. Yes, makes much sense when I'm reading it. Just need to execute it. Having difficulty with the circle exercise. Sofie wants to turn with me. I have slapped her leg but it doesn't work. Advice? Thanks! N
More crazy 8 hoola hoop exercises. I will be away Sunday through Wednesday, 8/22-8/25, I think, depends on Hurricane Henri, may not be able to leave tomorrow, and if that is the case, we will stay an extra day and return home Thursday, 8/26. Hope Sofie doesn't regress too much. Last time I was away for 5 days she was upset with me for leaving her and I had to work super extra hard to catch up what I had lost with her. Let's see what happens.
ReplyDeleteNancy
So delighted with your use of 4 hula hoops and the bowtie triangles! Will reuse this post for future students as it is excellent. And you notice this exercise IS strengthening Sofie's understanding of Pace Changes and paying attention to your footwork?
ReplyDeleteWhen she will be on the outside turn, that is you've made the 2nd left turn and are heading straight into the center of the bowtie, as soon as you are heading straight to the center, do 2-4 small running steps BEFORE you then make the Right Turn. This trains a dog to pick up their Pace so when they do make that Right Turn they should be in Heel position beside you, not lagging. Does that make sense?
Hi. Yes, makes much sense when I'm reading it. Just need to execute it. Having difficulty with the circle exercise. Sofie wants to turn with me. I have slapped her leg but it doesn't work.
ReplyDeleteAdvice?
Thanks!
N