FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tues., 10/25/22, Lesson 3 practice continued, shotgun shell as EC


 

2 comments:

  1. Nancy, while you may not, yet, see progress, I do see progress.

    Sofie is resigned to the work, the avoidance behaviors are gone. Your mechanics are excellent as is your CCC and PIC. She is not taking as long a time to open her mouth.

    So, control of the head/ neck can be gained by using a flat, leather buckle collar or a flat, biothane collar. Get one of those and switch out the nylon, quick release for a better grip collar.

    One more pointer, no need to put emphasis by tone and pitch on the word, Fetch. There will come a time when you need to use more emphasis, by tone and pitch, to launch her forward. So start now lowering your voice, soften your pitch and tone, you can even whisper Fetch (just make sure I can hear on camera) as her hearing is MUCH better than yours. And when you lower your voice, the dog has to pay MORE close attention.

    Remember FC Week 6, the TC's? We whispered, "Fido, Come" and then maGic occurred with a dog being bitten on the butt from bad bugs in New York (bad bugs are EVERYWHERE) for failing to obey immediately? Same principle here.

    Progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Not sure when I can get that collar. Maybe Friday as I will take a half day from work. We are going up to Family Day to see Megan at college (Rensellear Polytechnic Institute) in Troy, NY Saturday. Or, tomorrow if I have time during the day, I'll try to sneak out and go to the pet store about 20 minutes away. Is that the trick up your sleeve you said you were going to have by try if she still wasn't opening her mouth?

    ReplyDelete