A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Hi. I just posted 3 videos from tonight. We practiced 10 the fist go round without filming. Then 10 with film plus a couple more for extra practice. I think it was better last night with Stephanie guiding me live on zoom. I didn't feel Sofie was moving her head forward as much tonight. I brushed teeth vigorously!!! What do you guys think? At least she isn't avoiding me as much as before when I as putting my finger inside her ear. But, how do I get her to open her mouth and take that dowel?
This is fine for today. I may tweak one thing you are doing if tomorrow Sofie is still refusing to open her mouth.
She is MUCH more resigned and far less avoidance behaviors are being displayed so she is mentally processing.
Nancy, the pitch and tone of your voice is CCC and you don't seem so frazzled.
Hang in there and make no mistake, this IS Sofie's Point of Contention. Once she believes you and figures out no matter what that blasted dowel is going to continue to irritate her until her mouth is on it, then she will yield.
When, during the FC, did she fuss with you the most?
Thanks for all the feedback and encouragement! To answer your question, I'm not exactly sure. I remember a time when I broke down crying and you picked me up. Boy did you save me that week!! Was maybe half way through. But, I do remember losing her at one point, and I had to go all the way back to the beginning to build up our trust and working together as a team. But, compared to this, I thought Sofie did better at FC. Maybe I'm just out of practice. She's a great dog and we have high hopes for her. Love her to pieces!! And Chester too!! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!
Hi. I just posted 3 videos from tonight. We practiced 10 the fist go round without filming. Then 10 with film plus a couple more for extra practice. I think it was better last night with Stephanie guiding me live on zoom. I didn't feel Sofie was moving her head forward as much tonight. I brushed teeth vigorously!!! What do you guys think? At least she isn't avoiding me as much as before when I as putting my finger inside her ear. But, how do I get her to open her mouth and take that dowel?
ReplyDeleteThis is fine for today. I may tweak one thing you are doing if tomorrow Sofie is still refusing to open her mouth.
ReplyDeleteShe is MUCH more resigned and far less avoidance behaviors are being displayed so she is mentally processing.
Nancy, the pitch and tone of your voice is CCC and you don't seem so frazzled.
Hang in there and make no mistake, this IS Sofie's Point of Contention. Once she believes you and figures out no matter what that blasted dowel is going to continue to irritate her until her mouth is on it, then she will yield.
When, during the FC, did she fuss with you the most?
Thanks for all the feedback and encouragement! To answer your question, I'm not exactly sure. I remember a time when I broke down crying and you picked me up. Boy did you save me that week!! Was maybe half way through. But, I do remember losing her at one point, and I had to go all the way back to the beginning to build up our trust and working together as a team. But, compared to this, I thought Sofie did better at FC. Maybe I'm just out of practice. She's a great dog and we have high hopes for her. Love her to pieces!! And Chester too!! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!
ReplyDelete