A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
I think so. But, let me clarify...so the second retrieve, present/Fetch and brush teeth gently, if she opens her mouth in 1-2 seconds, then praise quietly. Stop and do QT. If she does not open after brushing gently, then continue to brush vigorously. Repeat 4-5 more times and crate her. When I repeat 4-5 more times, am I doing it like the 2nd retrieve above? Thanks!! Nancy
Today we will change one thing.
ReplyDeleteDo everything as you have been doing.
1st retrieve: Present/brush teeth vigorously.
2nd retrieve:
Present/brush teeth softly and gently, not vigorously. If she opens her mouth in 1-2 seconds, softly praise.
Stop that training session and go do Quiet Time with her.
3) If she does not open her mouth, brush vigorously. Repeat with 4-5 more retrieves. Kennel her.
Make sense?
I think so. But, let me clarify...so the second retrieve, present/Fetch and brush teeth gently, if she opens her mouth in 1-2 seconds, then praise quietly. Stop and do QT. If she does not open after brushing gently, then continue to brush vigorously. Repeat 4-5 more times and crate her. When I repeat 4-5 more times, am I doing it like the 2nd retrieve above?
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
Nancy