FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Practice Lesson 4, 6 inch retrieve, Wed., 11/16/22


 

3 comments:

  1. She is still slow. Stephanie said not to worry about slow and give he a couple of seconds to respond before doing correction, however, Roxanne, when I saw your videos of you working Redd, you immediately moved her head forward w/ what looked like pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did but I Ruth has not had an ear infection. So how is the inside of Sofie's ear? It should be 100 % healed. If it is 100% healed, then you need to start applying pressure as soon as DB is presented and continue pressure until DB is in her mouth. The 6" retrieve IS the time when the dog learns to believe you and move forward immediately.

    Let me know how her ear is doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm glad I checked the blog before practicing tonight. I saw your earlier advice about sitting her on the end of the planko board and not fussing with her head so much so we can let her do the look. Sadly, I took both dogs to the vet today: Chester needed IV of fluids as he had been throwing up, they did blood work, but he has a weak stomach and it is most likely upset, and Sofie, STILL HAS AN EAR INFECTION, DOC LOOKED UNDER THE MICROSCOPE AND IT IS GETTING BETTER, HE CLEANED OUT MORE GUNCK, BUT HE WANTS ME TO GIVE HER THE DROPS FOR ONE MORE WEEK, SO NO PRESSURE INSIDE HER EAR FOR ANOTHER WEEK. UGH!!! SHALL I JUST CONTINUE ON THE WAY STEPHANIE HAS SHOWED ME WITH MY THUMB NAIL ON TOP OF THE LEATHER PART OF HER EAR?

    ReplyDelete