A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Hi again. Finally figured out why I was having difficulty posting before. Fixed it, hopefully. How did we do tonight? Are we ready to move on? Did she go fast enough to grab the dowel? I think I may have moved it into her mouth a couple of times. Still find it so incredibly hard to use both hands at once doing different things. At least, I felt better tonight that I saw some progress. I did not use the flat collar tonight. Felt better without it. Let me know if I should go back to it. Thanks!! Off to bed. Need to get up early to take Sean to the bus in town, then off to drop my car at the dealer--bozos took my cross bars off my car rack with my kayak holders. Not too swift. Then to work in the city, not NYC, but White Plains. Have a nice day tomorrow. Hope you feel better Stephanie!! Nancy
What I am seeing, and I enlarged the video and watched it several times, Sofie is bumping the DB before committing to the job of retrieving on command. Although it is subtle, that bumping IS avoidance behavior.
So, I want you to be ready with the EC IN her ear and do a video doing rapid fire rretrieves. The second she bumps the DB, hive a staunch EC. It won't take but a one such training session foe her to quiet drinking around and avoiding. She should be launching on command of "Fetch" and swiftly putting her mouth on DB to AVOID any possible EC.
Work on that an please up the ante even more on distractions
Hi again. Finally figured out why I was having difficulty posting before. Fixed it, hopefully. How did we do tonight? Are we ready to move on? Did she go fast enough to grab the dowel? I think I may have moved it into her mouth a couple of times. Still find it so incredibly hard to use both hands at once doing different things. At least, I felt better tonight that I saw some progress. I did not use the flat collar tonight. Felt better without it. Let me know if I should go back to it. Thanks!! Off to bed. Need to get up early to take Sean to the bus in town, then off to drop my car at the dealer--bozos took my cross bars off my car rack with my kayak holders. Not too swift. Then to work in the city, not NYC, but White Plains. Have a nice day tomorrow. Hope you feel better Stephanie!!
ReplyDeleteNancy
What I am seeing, and I enlarged the video and watched it several times, Sofie is bumping the DB before committing to the job of retrieving on command. Although it is subtle, that bumping IS avoidance behavior.
ReplyDeleteSo, I want you to be ready with the EC IN her ear and do a video doing rapid fire rretrieves. The second she bumps the DB, hive a staunch EC. It won't take but a one such training session foe her to quiet drinking around and avoiding. She should be launching on command of "Fetch" and swiftly putting her mouth on DB to AVOID any possible EC.
Work on that an please up the ante even more on distractions
OK. Will do. Wow! More distractions! Will do.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
N