FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Lesson 4 practice Sun. 11/20/22, EC on leather part of ear due to ear infection


 

2 comments:

  1. Better. But, she is still choking (not completing the job of putting her mouth on DB) when she moves forward. As hard as it is to do, you MUST give immediate pressure when she fails to promptly put her mouth on DB. In the next lesson, the retrieve goes to 12". Distance erodes control so she's going to get worse at completing the job as the distance expands. Fix this NOW and it is 100 times easier as we go into the next lesson.

    Please, fix this choking habit she is getting quite good at now. Make the pressure of the EC count the first couple times you have to do this and she'll believe you. Hesitate or give a minor amount of pressure, called 'nagging', and she'll continue to choke. It gets harder, much harder to fix this later. Fix this now and her belief in your ability to ensure she completes the job will make your life, and Sofie's, easier now and in the next lessons.

    Don't move your left foot until her mouth is ON the DB.

    Make sense?

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. OK. I was giving her pressure on the outside of her ear though, when I saw she was lagging, at least I thought I was. I'll try to do it extra hard tonight with Stephanie. Stephanie originally told me to wait 1-2 seconds to see if Sofie would do it herself. Am I not doing that anymore?

    ReplyDelete