A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Hi Roxanne. I have no words right now about poor Patches. I saw it happen out my window and it was just awful. This brown cat was fighting with him and they ended up in the middle of the street and then this car came down the road going too fast of course, and ran over Patches. I ran down to him to see if I could rush him to the emergency vet but his legs twitched, I said goodbye, and he died. We called Animal Control who came and took his dead body away. Ugh!!! Anyway, on a happier note, I do believe Sofie did better tonight in the second half of the video. Looking forward to seeing this chair test. Let me see if you posted it. Have a nice night. We are in the middle of a snow storm here. School is already canceled tomorrow and Sean is so happy about it. Hugs. Nancy
I am so sorry 😞 about Patches. That is an awful experience 😢.
The only issue I see is the "O" position is on thr chain collar. Believe it or not, it needs to be ON the leash with a sizable 'J' loop. Why? Because Sofie has to believe there is NO pressure at all on the collar when you send her. She gets to choose to obey and avoid DBL EC'S OR disobey and earn DBL EC'S. No setup. That ceased last week. Now, she is given free from pressure 'choice' to do right/obey immediately or disobey/get corrected. At this point in the training, she is fully aware that "Fetch" = put her mouth on her DB NOW. She is testing you to see what level of follow through you have when she stops through her normal avoidance behavior of pushing DB
Yes. Makes total sense. Will try later tonight, hopefully. Snow day here. Kids home from school. 7 inches of snow. Dogs had much fun playing in it. Thanks about Patches. I still can't believe I saw the whole thing. And, what is so strange is that I saw a red cardinal just minutes before the tragic incident, and that is a sign from my father in heaven, to say hello and let me know he is watching over me and everything will be OK. Well, it really wasn't this time. Ugh!! N
Hi Roxanne. I have no words right now about poor Patches. I saw it happen out my window and it was just awful. This brown cat was fighting with him and they ended up in the middle of the street and then this car came down the road going too fast of course, and ran over Patches. I ran down to him to see if I could rush him to the emergency vet but his legs twitched, I said goodbye, and he died. We called Animal Control who came and took his dead body away. Ugh!!! Anyway, on a happier note, I do believe Sofie did better tonight in the second half of the video. Looking forward to seeing this chair test. Let me see if you posted it.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice night. We are in the middle of a snow storm here. School is already canceled tomorrow and Sean is so happy about it.
Hugs.
Nancy
I am so sorry 😞 about Patches. That is an awful experience 😢.
ReplyDeleteThe only issue I see is the "O" position is on thr chain collar. Believe it or not, it needs to be ON the leash with a sizable 'J' loop. Why? Because Sofie has to believe there is NO pressure at all on the collar when you send her. She gets to choose to obey and avoid DBL EC'S OR disobey and earn DBL EC'S. No setup. That ceased last week. Now, she is given free from pressure 'choice' to do right/obey immediately or disobey/get corrected. At this point in the training, she is fully aware that "Fetch" = put her mouth on her DB NOW. She is testing you to see what level of follow through you have when she stops through her normal avoidance behavior of pushing DB
Does that make sense ?
Yes. Makes total sense. Will try later tonight, hopefully. Snow day here. Kids home from school. 7 inches of snow. Dogs had much fun playing in it. Thanks about Patches. I still can't believe I saw the whole thing. And, what is so strange is that I saw a red cardinal just minutes before the tragic incident, and that is a sign from my father in heaven, to say hello and let me know he is watching over me and everything will be OK. Well, it really wasn't this time. Ugh!!
ReplyDeleteN
Lesson 10 Chair Test is uploaded
ReplyDelete