FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Monday, February 20, 2023

Lesson 10, Practice with Fido, 2/20/23


 

4 comments:

  1. Hi. Which leg do I start with when I do the double ear correction?
    Thanks!
    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a dilemma, which foot to use? Thr reality is you use whichever foot gives you stability and that is usually the right foot. The hope is the dog has already moved forward on command of "Fetch", but things can go awry easily so stay stable and just get her mouth on her db, use your left fingers on right side on her flat buckle collar (so as not to interfere with her keeping DB in mouth and use your body backing up to bring her to SSIF on Gato Plank at the end (close to cat).

    Once we are able to place or toss the DB farther (next week) then this won't be an issue and you will be able to move forward rapidly with left foot to do double EC anywhere.

    Clear as mud, right?😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sinking in the mud!! I'll try. Still need to put Kaitlin to bed and clean up the mess everyone made today. Hope to work her tonight, and if not, will try for tomorrow while Kaitlin is at the farm. Really need to not be tired to do this. Megan needs my help tonight; long story short, her teaching assistant forgot to grade an entire page of her exam and she is trying to get the professor to fix it. So many students and the TA's can't keep up. Ugh! I'm not putting my left fingers on flat collar to pull into SSIF until after I do the double EC's right?
    Have a good night. Hope Wayne doing better. I believe tomorrow is the day you get our answers hopefully.
    Good luck!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just re-read Deb's Battle of the DB article. Fabulous! Gives me the push I need to take this next step. I'm glad I read it because I got a bit freaked out tonight watching the videos of you and Boaz. His cries upset me. But, I got to see him succeed and how happy both you and he were!
    N

    ReplyDelete