A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
We tried. Looking back, I may not have been exactly 6 inches to the right of the DB w/ my hand. I posted the video twice because it looked like it didn't go through the first time, but in actuality, it did. We will try to practice more tomorrow night when I get home from work, assuming I'm still standing. So glad to hear Wayne doing better!! I know I also have to do the jump jump part of the exam. Have a great night. Nancy
1) Do NOt repeat your command. 2) Cease doing that hand chop mechanic you are unconsciously doing when you place DB on ground. 3) Correct Sofie for breaking her "Place" command, you are simply repositioning her and that will only reinforce her disobedience. 4) Loved having Kaitlin in this video. You will be able to possibly use Kaitlin for the Lesson 10 EXAM which is QUITE interesting indeed. 5) Sofie is lifting her left leg now when she is doing her "Look". Wonder if this is now her new indicator "Come-on...I am ready to retrieve RIGHT NOW!"?
Post the Jump-Jump EXAM and Onward to Week 10 we go!
We tried. Looking back, I may not have been exactly 6 inches to the right of the DB w/ my hand. I posted the video twice because it looked like it didn't go through the first time, but in actuality, it did. We will try to practice more tomorrow night when I get home from work, assuming I'm still standing. So glad to hear Wayne doing better!! I know I also have to do the jump jump part of the exam.
ReplyDeleteHave a great night.
Nancy
Nancy, VERY GOOD EXAM and a Pass!
ReplyDeleteJust a few pointers.
1) Do NOt repeat your command.
2) Cease doing that hand chop mechanic you are unconsciously doing when you place DB on ground.
3) Correct Sofie for breaking her "Place" command, you are simply repositioning her and that will only reinforce her disobedience.
4) Loved having Kaitlin in this video. You will be able to possibly use Kaitlin for the Lesson 10 EXAM which is QUITE interesting indeed.
5) Sofie is lifting her left leg now when she is doing her "Look". Wonder if this is now her new indicator "Come-on...I am ready to retrieve RIGHT NOW!"?
Post the Jump-Jump EXAM and Onward to Week 10 we go!
Roxanne-:)