A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Thurs., 2/9/23, Lesson 9, marry fetch to hold, more distractions, stop caging, 4 fingers 2 inches to right of DB, and change the SSIF and give sequence
Sofie is playing you. She 'yelled' at you when you put your finger inside her ear with no pressure at all. That is avoidance behavior. She pushed the DB with her mouth. That is avoidance behavior. She is 🐌 to put her mouth on DB. That IA avoidance behavior. She is 🐌 to pick up. That is avoidance behavior.
Plain and simple, from my observation, Sofie is playing you and manipulating you. Her avoidance behavior is HER control of you.
She should be doing every retrieve FAST, like lightening ⚡️, or FAST Luke a 🐍.
This is the last week you have EAsY control of her as the Setup ceases next week. Then we go to a double EC which is WAY harder to do then what you are currently doing.
Don't let her fool you. Require Sofie that EVERY retrieve be FAST, CORRECT, and PROMPT. This week EC'S are easy for you to do, next week EC'S become.more cumbersome as you have far less control.
What makes the difference between this week and how hard nest week IS Sofie's belief that 'You said what you meant and meant what you said." Make her believe you 💯 this week so next week is less dramatic.
Hi. I was wondering the same thing. I just hate the idea of hurting her. It's after 10pm and I need to head to bed. I will work her in the morning before I leave and upload then. I can see I'm not ready for the test yet. I'll be back Sunday afternoon. Let me know if we should still zoom Sunday evening or not, and when you think I should aim to take the test. Thanks!! Praying Wayne is doing well with his recovery and you are doing well with your caretaking. I know it is not easy. I am a caretaker 7 days a week! Looking forward to Kaitlin sleeping at my friend's house tomorrow and having a break from her for one night. So, basically, I need to EC immediately and hard, if she is ever so slow on retrieving the DB. Take care, Nancy
I'm not sure what is going on in her ear. My finger is definitely slipping. But, maybe it is just avoidance behavior. I hope I didn't hurt her.
ReplyDeleteSofie is playing you. She 'yelled' at you when you put your finger inside her ear with no pressure at all. That is avoidance behavior. She pushed the DB with her mouth. That is avoidance behavior. She is 🐌 to put her mouth on DB. That IA avoidance behavior. She is 🐌 to pick up. That is avoidance behavior.
ReplyDeletePlain and simple, from my observation, Sofie is playing you and manipulating you. Her avoidance behavior is HER control of you.
She should be doing every retrieve FAST, like lightening ⚡️, or FAST Luke a 🐍.
This is the last week you have EAsY control of her as the Setup ceases next week. Then we go to a double EC which is WAY harder to do then what you are currently doing.
Don't let her fool you. Require Sofie that EVERY retrieve be FAST, CORRECT, and PROMPT. This week EC'S are easy for you to do, next week EC'S become.more cumbersome as you have far less control.
What makes the difference between this week and how hard nest week IS Sofie's belief that 'You said what you meant and meant what you said." Make her believe you 💯 this week so next week is less dramatic.
Roxanne
Hi. I was wondering the same thing. I just hate the idea of hurting her. It's after 10pm and I need to head to bed. I will work her in the morning before I leave and upload then. I can see I'm not ready for the test yet. I'll be back Sunday afternoon. Let me know if we should still zoom Sunday evening or not, and when you think I should aim to take the test. Thanks!!
ReplyDeletePraying Wayne is doing well with his recovery and you are doing well with your caretaking. I know it is not easy. I am a caretaker 7 days a week! Looking forward to Kaitlin sleeping at my friend's house tomorrow and having a break from her for one night. So, basically, I need to EC immediately and hard, if she is ever so slow on retrieving the DB.
Take care,
Nancy