A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
This is a VERY telling EXAM. It shows if the dog has learned the mechanics and if the dog is working FOR and WITH their handler. It also shows if the handler has learned THEIR mechanics and if they know what to do to help their dog succeed when it struggles.
Now, this EXAM will take more than one practice and I highly recommend you do in an area of very low distractions like your back porch. Have fun, breathe, smile and seek to encourage Sofie. You CAN do this, so too can Sofie.
OK. I will try my very best to have fun, breathe, and encourage Sofie so we can both succeed. It's after 10pm Monday 10/4/21. Getting a late start to the blog tonight. My office scheduled a deposition of a doctor that I had to do this evening. Luckily, Sean's friend's mother took them to Boy Scouts. Those were some beautiful photos you shared earlier. Picture perfect! And, I can't get over the fish!!! So sad that they lay eggs and die. Wonder what happens to their bodies. Do they just decompose in the water? Still need to find the directions for attaching the string. And, didn't you say it was sewing thread? Or, am I making that up? I doubt I will pass the string test by this Wednesday, but I will try my very best tomorrow and Wednesday. Yucky day here: cold and raining! Sorry your camping trip got postponed. Nancy
Nancy,
ReplyDeleteThis is a VERY telling EXAM. It shows if the dog has learned the mechanics and if the dog is working FOR and WITH their handler. It also shows if the handler has learned THEIR mechanics and if they know what to do to help their dog succeed when it struggles.
Now, this EXAM will take more than one practice and I highly recommend you do in an area of very low distractions like your back porch. Have fun, breathe, smile and seek to encourage Sofie. You CAN do this, so too can Sofie.
Have fun....going camping.
Roxanne
OK. I will try my very best to have fun, breathe, and encourage Sofie so we can both succeed. It's after 10pm Monday 10/4/21. Getting a late start to the blog tonight. My office scheduled a deposition of a doctor that I had to do this evening. Luckily, Sean's friend's mother took them to Boy Scouts. Those were some beautiful photos you shared earlier. Picture perfect! And, I can't get over the fish!!! So sad that they lay eggs and die. Wonder what happens to their bodies. Do they just decompose in the water? Still need to find the directions for attaching the string. And, didn't you say it was sewing thread? Or, am I making that up?
ReplyDeleteI doubt I will pass the string test by this Wednesday, but I will try my very best tomorrow and Wednesday. Yucky day here: cold and raining! Sorry your camping trip got postponed.
Nancy