FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Monday, October 25, 2021

Sunday 10/24/21, increasing recall gradually


 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Roxanne. I noticed an error at the very end when I dropped the leash. Still feels so cumbersome but we are practicing. Need to get to the tennis court but it gets dark out so early these days it's hard to get there in the evening. It will rain tomorrow but maybe Wednesday I can sneak over there during lunch. Fingers crossed.
    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. You don't need the leash at all. Instead, heel her onto the Front Place Board. Unhook the leash and leave the snap bolt of the leash/LL on the ground beside her. Now, command "Sit/Stay" and step off on your right foot and simply take the handle end of the LL with you. Then, hold it in your hand, just like you did when you first learned the 6' Recall. Sofie's perception is that she is STILL connected and you CAN tug her, but the reality is there is no way you can tug her to you as the snap bolt is on the ground. But, shhhh...don't tell Sofie that-:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Duh! Sorry I didn't get that at first. So, I'm doing hand over hand then reeling her in with the longe line even though she's not attached? Very clever!
    N

    ReplyDelete