A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Just more practice with the light line. Poor Sofie is still so uncomfortable. Roxanne, I received an email from the place that I had ordered my 15 " square step stool from, they are in New Zealand and said it was not possible for them to ship to me. So back to the drawing board to find one.
Doesn't matter as right now, she couldn't do the Active Sit work anyway on a stool with her heat.
I am wondering if you are doing heeling on the light line at all? Your Recalls are getting better and better, but how is the light line heeling work going?
I haven't been able to do the light line heeling yet. Planned for today but it rained all day! I hope to get to the tennis court tomorrow to try it out. I feel badly but so much on my plate with Megan's college applications, and then more applications for scholarships, etc. on top of work, Kaitlin, swimming, etc. Honestly, tonight we didn't even go to swimming because of the rain, and I was so glad to be able to make dinner and clean up and sit and to this work on the blog. I have the heeling pattern from Stephanie memorized. I just need to get to a place to do it. Just to make sure I completely understand for the 1st four days I'm doing the pattern work fist with the snap bolt on the live ring, then the same pattern but this time with the bolt on the bridging link. Sofie should be no more than 12 inches from me which is why a boundary wall helps. If she goes wide, then default to immediate left turn and sit/kiss. Do not use the throw chain yet days 1-4. Lastly, still days 1-4, put the bolt on my pant leg and hold the 6 foot leash as usual letting the light line to continue to drag on the ground. After I say heel, every turn I make I should verbally praise her (a verbal marker) with good, nice, yes, etc. If Sofie or I get in trouble, then go back to the snap bolt on the live ring immediately and work her briskly so she can succeed. I can also use my pace changes to slow it down if she gets too far way. Must help her stay in heel position. More important that she stay in heel position and believe that she is safe. I will work on this for days 1-4. Yes? Where else besides a tennis court can I do this? Not sure I can get in there or not. I'm worried as she is in heat. Thanks! Nancy
Just more practice with the light line. Poor Sofie is still so uncomfortable. Roxanne, I received an email from the place that I had ordered my 15 " square step stool from, they are in New Zealand and said it was not possible for them to ship to me. So back to the drawing board to find one.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't matter as right now, she couldn't do the Active Sit work anyway on a stool with her heat.
ReplyDeleteI am wondering if you are doing heeling on the light line at all? Your Recalls are getting better and better, but how is the light line heeling work going?
I haven't been able to do the light line heeling yet. Planned for today but it rained all day! I hope to get to the tennis court tomorrow to try it out. I feel badly but so much on my plate with Megan's college applications, and then more applications for scholarships, etc. on top of work, Kaitlin, swimming, etc. Honestly, tonight we didn't even go to swimming because of the rain, and I was so glad to be able to make dinner and clean up and sit and to this work on the blog. I have the heeling pattern from Stephanie memorized. I just need to get to a place to do it. Just to make sure I completely understand for the 1st four days I'm doing the pattern work fist with the snap bolt on the live ring, then the same pattern but this time with the bolt on the bridging link. Sofie should be no more than 12 inches from me which is why a boundary wall helps. If she goes wide, then default to immediate left turn and sit/kiss. Do not use the throw chain yet days 1-4. Lastly, still days 1-4, put the bolt on my pant leg and hold the 6 foot leash as usual letting the light line to continue to drag on the ground. After I say heel, every turn I make I should verbally praise her (a verbal marker) with good, nice, yes, etc. If Sofie or I get in trouble, then go back to the snap bolt on the live ring immediately and work her briskly so she can succeed. I can also use my pace changes to slow it down if she gets too far way. Must help her stay in heel position. More important that she stay in heel position and believe that she is safe. I will work on this for days 1-4. Yes? Where else besides a tennis court can I do this? Not sure I can get in there or not. I'm worried as she is in heat.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Nancy