A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Hi. PLEASE EXCUSE MY BUTT!! I can't seem to get the hang of recording yet. I feel badly for making Sofie work while she is so uncomfortable but I am afraid if I don't do some work that she will regress, and me too! LOL!!
Ok, on the Finish. Right where you are standing (butt and all-:), command, "Heel" and take the 3 steps back, then rock forward and step to the RIGHT of the Front Place Board. Do remember your footwork as you bring here to a Heel position ON the Front Place Board. Why? Because you are training her to 'target' that Front Place Board so why not also use it for the Finish? If you need to see a video, let me know. She is uncomfortable but you are correct that if you don't work her, she will regress.
Hi. PLEASE EXCUSE MY BUTT!! I can't seem to get the hang of recording yet. I feel badly for making Sofie work while she is so uncomfortable but I am afraid if I don't do some work that she will regress, and me too! LOL!!
ReplyDeleteOk, on the Finish. Right where you are standing (butt and all-:), command, "Heel" and take the 3 steps back, then rock forward and step to the RIGHT of the Front Place Board. Do remember your footwork as you bring here to a Heel position ON the Front Place Board. Why? Because you are training her to 'target' that Front Place Board so why not also use it for the Finish? If you need to see a video, let me know. She is uncomfortable but you are correct that if you don't work her, she will regress.
ReplyDeleteRoxanne
Ah!! OK. Will do.
ReplyDeleteN