FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Light line work tennis court 10/30/21


 

3 comments:

  1. I had a hard time today with Sofie, not Sofie, just distractions and I was and am exhausted. Did a lot of driving yesterday and today and just don't have the energy that I used to. My brain gets tired and things don't seem to flow as well. But, I wanted to get her out and working because I will be away the next 3 days. Be back Wednesday 11/3. Will practice more then. I'm thinking that I would like to try this work against a wall, but I don't know any place that is enclosed other than this tennis court. I could go in the corner in back of the school, but it's not completely closed in. Just corner walls. Depends on time of day, it can be active or not. I know this test is difficult and we are no where near taking it. I'm breathing and moving forward...
    Stay well till Wednesday!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work. Couple of pointers:

    1) On the RT, plant your LEFT foot, shift your weight from right foot (which should be doing a 'Push') to the planted LEFT foot, then take a 1/2 step with right foot at 90 degrees and a full step with left foot. You are swinging your left foot, don't do that.

    2) Your Left Training Turn mechanics are spot on perfect!

    3) Your praise of Sofie when you start and every turn is excellent.

    4) When she does the AS and turns her body away from you to rubber neck elsewhere, you have two choices. One choice is to LIGHTLY use your right foot to plant close to her right hip to get her to move into a proper Tuck Sit. The other choice (my preferred method) is to IMMEDIATELY do a sharp Right Turn/Halt. You need to train her that ignoring you and focusing elsewhere is going to result in an IMMEDIATE countermove by you to refocus her. Does that make sense?

    You are actually doing exceedingly well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Makes so much sense. Thanks for the encouragement!! I will do the right turn/halt for that. Must remember counter moves. Can't believe I still swing that left foot on those right turns. I dream about the correct way in my sleep. I know it sounds weird, but I think in pictures, and see myself planting the left foot 45 degrees, taking the small step with my right at 90 and then a full step with my left, but then in action is swing. I'll be sure to practice that soon. Just got home from a 6 hour plus drive from Herndon, VA. Was well worth the 3 day trip to meet with the expert in the world on spelling on the letter board for Kaitlin. Of course, Kaitlin got sick and threw up, and all the while I heard your voice Roxanne, saying, "Make Lemonade!!" LOL!
    Hope all is well with you. Enjoyed seeing your photos of those "free" springs! I'll dream of relaxing in one tonight instead of heeling and turns with Sofie!!
    Take care,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete