A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Again, "Play nice" and "Be nice" has no meaning in the canine world. However, "Easy" is understood by canines and that is the command I would use if I needed to settle an unruly dog or in a dicey situation. The best command, when things go south as they can in dog packs easily, is an instant Recall. The ecollar is invaluable for training a dog to shift out of one drive into Social Drive instantly and to come when called. I could not run my dogs safely, off-leash for miles in the mountains, or a park, or with other dogs here, without the ecollar training which is layered on top of the FOUNDATION Course. It is invaluable to me and provides safety and freedom of movement in ANY situation.
GREAT moments indeed! Bravo to all and kudos to you Stephanie. You have learned volumes and I am extraordinarily pleased with your Instructor skills, patience, and your ability to see, coach and correct beginner errors. You rock my dear friend, you ROCK!
Again, "Play nice" and "Be nice" has no meaning in the canine world. However, "Easy" is understood by canines and that is the command I would use if I needed to settle an unruly dog or in a dicey situation. The best command, when things go south as they can in dog packs easily, is an instant Recall. The ecollar is invaluable for training a dog to shift out of one drive into Social Drive instantly and to come when called. I could not run my dogs safely, off-leash for miles in the mountains, or a park, or with other dogs here, without the ecollar training which is layered on top of the FOUNDATION Course. It is invaluable to me and provides safety and freedom of movement in ANY situation.
ReplyDeleteGREAT moments indeed! Bravo to all and kudos to you Stephanie. You have learned volumes and I am extraordinarily pleased with your Instructor skills, patience, and your ability to see, coach and correct beginner errors. You rock my dear friend, you ROCK!