Wanted to share that Leenie is doing very well. Have to chuckle as she's showing her true self. For instance, when doing the Week 3, Day 17 training at Jeanne and Janet's place, I had Leenie watch me work Sugar and Boaz on field drills. She was SO pissed that SHE wasn't working doing field drills, I caught her attempting to eat the metal rods of my crate. She got into trouble for that. Also, she SO targeted the bumper pile when I headed out to do LL warm -up with her, but as you can see, I simply did an immediate Left Training Turn into her as she headed towards the pile. And that was the end of that targeting.
Also, I had Jeanne work Sophie in a pseudo 'tunnel' on LL. Sophie was belligerent and determined to get to Leenie.
 |
| Here Leenie decided to accept Sophie's challenge and lunged for her. I caught her and did a staunch "OUT!...ARE YOU REALLY SO FOOLISH?" and then Leenie opted to ignore 'that GSD'. |
Then each student worked their dog on Place, then finally (as it was so muggy and HOT), it was time to do the Week 3 EXAM # 1: Body Bend Readiness Tests.
Finally, it was time for me to load my 3 dogs + Leenie in her crate and head to prospective homes. EVERYONE and EVERY DOG was hot and tired.
Janet is the woman with the big fluffy dog named Riley. Riley is EXTREMELY soft. Jeanne, Janet's sister, is the one with Sophie, the GSD, an extremely hard dog.
ReplyDeleteBTW..both sisters took their dogs through the FOUNDATION Course, and graduated, then took both dogs again through my Retrieve Course and graduate. Both sisters attended many of my classes and I had them work my dogs, or use Sophie as a distraction. Both sisters are different temperaments, Janet is soft, like Riley, her dog. Jeanne has a tendency to be overharsh, like Sophie. They now own Hank, Redd's littermate and Hank is a very well balanced easy to train dog, like Sophie, and both sisters trained Hank, from an 8-week old puppy, through FOUNDATION Course, Tech Savvy (ecollar) and another Retrieve Course. They are planning on getting another well bred puppy, a bitch this time, from Deb (they will do the Temperament Testing) and start breeding dogs with the goal that they are trained to a service dog level.
Rather a remarkable change in both sisters as a result of my years of training them to 'work the dog in front of them'.
And I love them both, Jeanne and Janet.