A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
1)Please put a smile in your voice when you command "Heel". You sound angry and frustrated so Sophie is not working FOR or WITH you. And your praise is minimal where this dog will do MUCH better with soft commands and genuine praise. This training is far more than mere mechanics, it is a philosophy and a mindset designed to build a great relationship. The only time I felt your joy in the training was at the end when Sophie quit and you laughed at here. Take THAT mindset and use THAT tone of voice when training her and you will see her perk up and start to work FOR you and WITH you.
I know, I know...you are in your head struggling to memorize these mechanics so you are intensely focused on the newly learned (and learned correctly👍) Halt mechanics to Kiss/Sit Correction. But Sophie is a soft dog, she doesn't need harshness as much as she needs laughter, patience, a smiling Nancy, and that all important praise. Please find a way to switch your own internal mindset to a joyful and fun Nancy when working Sophie. This is critical to her wanting to work FOR you and WITH you. Right now, she's not as it's drudgery without enough joy to counterbalance the work.
Makes total sense! I felt it last night, as I do many a night. I'm so tired at the end of the day from work, kids, etc.....I'll try to give her the joyful Nancy that Sofie deserves. Where is the test posted for today? Thanks. N
Not sure if you can see or not, due to poor lighting, but I moved table and chairs and used the tripod.
ReplyDeleteNancy
This back porch is fine for training!
ReplyDeletePointer:
1)Please put a smile in your voice when you command "Heel". You sound angry and frustrated so Sophie is not working FOR or WITH you. And your praise is minimal where this dog will do MUCH better with soft commands and genuine praise. This training is far more than mere mechanics, it is a philosophy and a mindset designed to build a great relationship. The only time I felt your joy in the training was at the end when Sophie quit and you laughed at here. Take THAT mindset and use THAT tone of voice when training her and you will see her perk up and start to work FOR you and WITH you.
I know, I know...you are in your head struggling to memorize these mechanics so you are intensely focused on the newly learned (and learned correctly👍) Halt mechanics to Kiss/Sit Correction. But Sophie is a soft dog, she doesn't need harshness as much as she needs laughter, patience, a smiling Nancy, and that all important praise. Please find a way to switch your own internal mindset to a joyful and fun Nancy when working Sophie. This is critical to her wanting to work FOR you and WITH you. Right now, she's not as it's drudgery without enough joy to counterbalance the work.
Does that make sense?
Makes total sense! I felt it last night, as I do many a night. I'm so tired at the end of the day from work, kids, etc.....I'll try to give her the joyful Nancy that Sofie deserves.
ReplyDeleteWhere is the test posted for today?
Thanks.
N