So much to remember!!! Are my feet correct when I turn? Is my arm down by my leg? If she's too far ahead did I fix it properly? Ditto too far behind? I think I did some right. I know I did some wrong. I was thinking so much about doing it right that I believe Sophie felt my brain overwhelm through the leash and wasn't always sure what I was asking her to do.
Sophie didn't always sit straight by my leg, so I moved her into position. She had distractions and would look away or behind me while sitting, or get up and move away when I didn't ask her to heel yet, and I wasn't quite sure what to do to correct that.
I didn't always let my arm hang down naturally by my side, it looks clenched, although it didn't always feel that way. And I need more practice sliding my hand down the leash. I did the trick beforehand where I clipped the leash to my pants and practiced turns and the slide... but it's definitely different when you have a live, thinking dog on the end.
So once again a work in progress.
And Sophie at home is manageable. Sophie out and about, around other dogs? Wild and aggressive
ReplyDelete