A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Looking back at the video, I see Sofie is not walking or heeling next to my left leg, she is lagging, at his point, I think I'm supposed to do a RTT and run a couple of steps, correct? We were zonked from the heat today and Sofie was so tired. We took a long car ride today, she is doing much better in the car, way in the back with the safety cage in place, likes to look out the back window, but I think that, in combination with the heat just tired the little miss out. She and Chester also went stealth in the back yard after Sofie's play time in her pool. Way afraid they would get dehydrated. That's what happened to me last Friday. I was so sick, nauseous, vomiting, weak, light headed, all due to dehydration!!! Crazy!!! First time that's every happened to me. What was that stuff that you had previously recommended we get for Sofie so that she doesn't dehydrate or if she does we can give her this to help her, some electrolyte solution? So, how do I get Sofie to walk by my side? Thanks! Nancy
Yes, do the RATT. Your 3 step Halt to KISS is so good! Will take a photo of the replenishing electrolytes and upload later today.
Sophie is lagging because you are unsure of what you are doing. As you gain confidence and fluidity of mechanics, she will cease lagging as much. This week your goal is to work on the 3 new turns, the 3 step Halt mechanics to AS. That is your focus and that is your EXAM (done in the midst of distractions).
BTW...please do a video of the inside of your home and post? I bet there ARE small training areas you can use to train Sophie inside when the weather is so unsafe and miserable outside.
OK. I will continue to practice the halt/sit and turns this week, with distractions, and figure out how to reposition Sofie when she's not right. Would love to make it to Lowe's tonight and check that out. So hard to get there with my schedule though. It's about 20 minutes away and my other 2 are always either working or ...and not wanting to watch Kaitlin so I can go. As for my house, I live in a very very small house, built 1901, beautiful hand carved woodwork etc., but way too small for our family and 2 dogs. We are waiting for Mike to finish building his garage so we can sell our house for a bigger one, but he is dragging his feet, which seems to be what he does. I plow forward and he drags along, but we can't sell until it's done because we need a certificate of occupancy in order to sell. Then Covid hit and SO MANY FOLKS FROM NYC CAME UP HERE TO LIVE, THEY'RE ALL CROWDED INTO THE HOUSES HERE; IT'S BECOME DIFFICULT TO PARK ON THE STREET. A HOME ON EVEN HALF AN ACRE FOR MY FAMILY IS ABOUT $750,000 WITH TAXES AT LEAST $15,000. IT'S CRAZY INSANE!!!! I can move my kitchen table to the side and open up an area to train in bad weather. Please send some dry air my way!!!!!!!! So, are talking tomorrow night? Shall I continue to send you videos of the lessons for this week and plan to talk next Wednesday? Thanks!! Nancy
Thanks for the photo of the electrolytes. Since I got dehydrated last Friday and felt like garbage, was actually quite scary, I want to have it on hand for the pups. N
Looking back at the video, I see Sofie is not walking or heeling next to my left leg, she is lagging, at his point, I think I'm supposed to do a RTT and run a couple of steps, correct? We were zonked from the heat today and Sofie was so tired. We took a long car ride today, she is doing much better in the car, way in the back with the safety cage in place, likes to look out the back window, but I think that, in combination with the heat just tired the little miss out. She and Chester also went stealth in the back yard after Sofie's play time in her pool. Way afraid they would get dehydrated. That's what happened to me last Friday. I was so sick, nauseous, vomiting, weak, light headed, all due to dehydration!!! Crazy!!! First time that's every happened to me. What was that stuff that you had previously recommended we get for Sofie so that she doesn't dehydrate or if she does we can give her this to help her, some electrolyte solution? So, how do I get Sofie to walk by my side?
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Nancy
Yes, do the RATT. Your 3 step Halt to KISS is so good! Will take a photo of the replenishing electrolytes and upload later today.
ReplyDeleteSophie is lagging because you are unsure of what you are doing. As you gain confidence and fluidity of mechanics, she will cease lagging as much. This week your goal is to work on the 3 new turns, the 3 step Halt mechanics to AS. That is your focus and that is your EXAM (done in the midst of distractions).
BTW...please do a video of the inside of your home and post? I bet there ARE small training areas you can use to train Sophie inside when the weather is so unsafe and miserable outside.
Roxanne
OK. I will continue to practice the halt/sit and turns this week, with distractions, and figure out how to reposition Sofie when she's not right. Would love to make it to Lowe's tonight and check that out. So hard to get there with my schedule though. It's about 20 minutes away and my other 2 are always either working or ...and not wanting to watch Kaitlin so I can go. As for my house, I live in a very very small house, built 1901, beautiful hand carved woodwork etc., but way too small for our family and 2 dogs. We are waiting for Mike to finish building his garage so we can sell our house for a bigger one, but he is dragging his feet, which seems to be what he does. I plow forward and he drags along, but we can't sell until it's done because we need a certificate of occupancy in order to sell. Then Covid hit and SO MANY FOLKS FROM NYC CAME UP HERE TO LIVE, THEY'RE ALL CROWDED INTO THE HOUSES HERE; IT'S BECOME DIFFICULT TO PARK ON THE STREET. A HOME ON EVEN HALF AN ACRE FOR MY FAMILY IS ABOUT $750,000 WITH TAXES AT LEAST $15,000. IT'S CRAZY INSANE!!!! I can move my kitchen table to the side and open up an area to train in bad weather. Please send some dry air my way!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo, are talking tomorrow night? Shall I continue to send you videos of the lessons for this week and plan to talk next Wednesday?
Thanks!!
Nancy
Thanks for the photo of the electrolytes. Since I got dehydrated last Friday and felt like garbage, was actually quite scary, I want to have it on hand for the pups.
ReplyDeleteN