A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
She seems not to do as well when I do EC on top of leather of ear as opposed to putting my finger inside her ear. Have not been able to get to the vet, who is 45 minutes away, to check on her ear. Ugh! Working on SSIF apart from retrieve. Figured out that she slides on tile floor and on top of the K-9 board. May try putting a rug on top to see if that helps. I know I need more distractions. Will add Chester tomorrow, and maybe Megan, if she's home. She will help. She's a good girl! Unlike my teenage son who is not as helpful these days. Take care!!! Hugs, N
Good!!! There were several outstanding retrieves and yes! She does better with your finger in her ear. If she is sliding, do you have a yoga mat? That is what I use as a portable 'training table' as the dog's feet stick and it also insulates against cold surfaces. I carry my yoga mat in my truck and it is put on top of Ruth's kennel so when we put Kara's crate on top. The yoga mat keeps Kara's crate from slipping.
Keep up the good work. If your back hurts from the bending, recommend you purchase the neck size Therma Care heat packs. They last for 12 + hours and stick on you. My secret weapon to keep muscles limber and loose and to prevent cramping or strain. Sometimes I even sleep with them. They do help.
Thanks for your input. I do have a yoga mat. It is Kaitlin's and I'm sure she will let me borrow it. I will look for the Therma Care packs. I think you had me get them during FC. GOOD LUCK WITH SUGAR BEAR!! HE IS IN OUR PRAYERS!! SO ARE YOU!! NOT EASY WHEN WHE HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE TO OUR FURRY LOVED ONES. GOD BLESS SUGAR AND YOUR FAMILY!! Hugs, Nancy
She seems not to do as well when I do EC on top of leather of ear as opposed to putting my finger inside her ear. Have not been able to get to the vet, who is 45 minutes away, to check on her ear. Ugh! Working on SSIF apart from retrieve. Figured out that she slides on tile floor and on top of the K-9 board. May try putting a rug on top to see if that helps. I know I need more distractions. Will add Chester tomorrow, and maybe Megan, if she's home. She will help. She's a good girl! Unlike my teenage son who is not as helpful these days.
ReplyDeleteTake care!!!
Hugs,
N
Good!!! There were several outstanding retrieves and yes! She does better with your finger in her ear. If she is sliding, do you have a yoga mat? That is what I use as a portable 'training table' as the dog's feet stick and it also insulates against cold surfaces. I carry my yoga mat in my truck and it is put on top of Ruth's kennel so when we put Kara's crate on top. The yoga mat keeps Kara's crate from slipping.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work. If your back hurts from the bending, recommend you purchase the neck size Therma Care heat packs. They last for 12 + hours and stick on you. My secret weapon to keep muscles limber and loose and to prevent cramping or strain. Sometimes I even sleep with them. They do help.
Roxanne
Thanks for your input. I do have a yoga mat. It is Kaitlin's and I'm sure she will let me borrow it. I will look for the Therma Care packs. I think you had me get them during FC. GOOD LUCK WITH SUGAR BEAR!! HE IS IN OUR PRAYERS!! SO ARE YOU!! NOT EASY WHEN WHE HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE TO OUR FURRY LOVED ONES. GOD BLESS SUGAR AND YOUR FAMILY!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Nancy