A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Hi. Took a bit of time getting used to not being on the Cato Board but we tried. Will continue tomorrow after my class again. Can't wait for this class to be over! I have been doing a combination of EC's inside ear and on top of ear, some with pressure, some without tonight. Thanks!! Nancy
We have a total of 12 lessons. Graduation of Retrieve Course is a RoF (Retrieve on Flat) at 40 ' and ROHJ (Retrieve over High Jump). You and Sofie are on Lesson 4.
OK. We have a long way to go, but at least we are making some progress! I got home from my 3 day class a short while ago, fed dogs and Kaitlin, am not feeling so well, so I'm going to have a nice warm shower and off to bed. Will tackle Sofie's training tomorrow with the tape 12 inches apart. Just confirming that you want me to do 12 inches now, same as the 6 inches? No zoom with Stephanie tomorrow as she is away on vacation.
No don't advance to 12" yet. I want the tape on the K-9 Boards so you have a visual of 12". Then you can do 1/2 the length of the tape on the K-9 board and get used to doing faster retrieves without the ruler. Stay at 6".right now, just want you do be faster in your retrieves.
OK got it. I thought when you said 12 inches for the tape you wanted me to do 12 inch retrieves. I will have to find my tape but for now I have post its on the K-9 boards. Will try the test in a little while.
Hi. Took a bit of time getting used to not being on the Cato Board but we tried. Will continue tomorrow after my class again. Can't wait for this class to be over! I have been doing a combination of EC's inside ear and on top of ear, some with pressure, some without tonight.
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
Nancy
We have a total of 12 lessons. Graduation of Retrieve Course is a RoF (Retrieve on Flat) at 40 ' and ROHJ (Retrieve over High Jump). You and Sofie are on Lesson 4.
ReplyDeleteOK. We have a long way to go, but at least we are making some progress! I got home from my 3 day class a short while ago, fed dogs and Kaitlin, am not feeling so well, so I'm going to have a nice warm shower and off to bed. Will tackle Sofie's training tomorrow with the tape 12 inches apart. Just confirming that you want me to do 12 inches now, same as the 6 inches? No zoom with Stephanie tomorrow as she is away on vacation.
ReplyDeleteNo don't advance to 12" yet. I want the tape on the K-9 Boards so you have a visual of 12". Then you can do 1/2 the length of the tape on the K-9 board and get used to doing faster retrieves without the ruler. Stay at 6".right now, just want you do be faster in your retrieves.
ReplyDeleteOK got it. I thought when you said 12 inches for the tape you wanted me to do 12 inch retrieves. I will have to find my tape but for now I have post its on the K-9 boards. Will try the test in a little while.
ReplyDelete