FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Tuesday, 1/3/23, Lesson 5, working closer to the ground w/ high distractions


 

4 comments:

  1. Lots of distractions tonight. Even I found it hard to concentrate. I will try to remember to put the DB just above the squishy board close to the edge and not move my feet.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good 👍 distractions!!! Good👍 training session!!
    You CAN move your right foot forward once dog's mouth is on DB.

    Pointers:
    1) Use "Yes" once and only when dog's confidence needs bolstering. To many 'Yes's' and the praise/encouragement loses any meaning. Do NOT use "Yes" for every retrieve as again, it then loses any ability to motivate.
    2) Do you have more than 1 tennis ball ? If yes, then line the sides of the K-9 boards, like a tunnel, and have Sofie retrieve within that tunnel of balls.
    3) On "Swing", the hand signal is left palm pointing down to ground, at dog's eye level, do a counterclockwise 270 mechanic going from your body going forward as you step forward with left foot, the dog moves with you, the left hand returns to your body.
    4) Please quit fixing her Sit. Just bump her with yoir shoulder so she sits correctly. Do the "Good Sit" thump on her chest when she gets it right.

    Excellent progress🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. Good sit thump on chest when she gets the sit correct. I will look for or buy more tennis balls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and line the K-9 boards. Note sure about swing though. I will ask Stephanie to show me by video on Sunday, God willing! I feel awful and am going back to bed soon. Good to know I can move my right foot forward once Sofie's mouth is on the DB. Glad we are progressing. Megan is only here till Sunday. Ugh!
    N

    ReplyDelete