FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Monday, September 13, 2021

Sofie practice some of the things on test week #5, leash around my neck 9/13/21


 

3 comments:

  1. I was so excited while I was working with Sofie tonight in the kitchen but when I looked at it again before posting, I was not as excited. I think the space is too small and floor too slippery, and saw that she was lagging and I didn't really winch. But, at least I have an idea of what I need to do to pass the first test of week 5. Where do you suggest I try to do this test? You seem to have done the test with boundaries rather than in an open parking lot. I don't think my porch is big enough either. Plus, I need 15 feet of straight heeling I believe.
    I don't think I'll be able to work her tomorrow, unless I can get a break during the day. Have a dinner meeting with my boss. Ugh! Then a class I'm taking every other week on Tuesdays for spelling to communicate on the letter board and keyboard for Kaitlin. She wants to get her GED so badly and I need to help her. Have a great Wednesday!! And, as always, thanks for all of your encouragement. It really does help push me forward. It's hard doing this alone here, even though you are so great with videos, zooms, texts, emails, calls, etc., When I saw your class of students today, I was like Wow! that looks really cool!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,

    Does no good to practice when Sofie is tired as you're just teaching her to lag. And ALAS! her collar is on backwards. However Sofie IS checking in with you and trying. No worries about using your back porch, that is fine to do.

    It is hard to do all this training solo, I know that and am proud of your steady continued efforts. You are doing so well and so is Sofie.

    Try again on another day.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. Thanks for your input. I'm not aware of her collar on backwards. I'll have to be more careful. She has 3 collars! Her flea and tick collar, her flat collar with her dog tags and then the chain collar, which I think I have to order the next size up. I walked her today solo. If anything, she is still forging ahead. I will have to ask one of the kids to film it this weekend. Tough day: work all day, had a trial, then took a doctor's deposition, then dinner with my boss, very disappointing, then had a class from 8-9:30pm for Kaitlin's spelling to communicate. I'm off to la la land!
    Hope to get some good video tomorrow. Will try our porch even though it's so very small. I was thinking of trying to go behind the school as there are walls that I could use. I'll see.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete