FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Saturday, September 18, 2021

practice for first test, week #5, 9/18/21


 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Roxanne. I know this is a long video but as I texted you today, she hasn't been doing well. I decided to work with her during the afternoon instead of evening since she's always so tired at night, as am I, but we didn't do so well. It's as if she is afraid to walk next to me (or is it all in my head, since I did some pretty strong countermoves today on the leash and winching). I practiced on the line around the corner with her back on the leash after this and she did do better but I think she was tired and I feel I must be doing something wrong for her to not do as well as she has been.
    Thanks for you input.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...you need to make the corrections I've already posted. You need to put the leash on her and work her briskly, make a Turn (any Turn) and do an immediate AS, then a EF. Every time. Work on that before attempting this EXAM again. She HAS to remain with you in Heel position to pass this EXAM and right now, that is totally gone.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it! Thanks so much Roxanne for taking time out of your very busy Saturday to coach me and give me the confidence to keep at it. Sofie is a great dog and I want to give her the right tools to be an obedient dog and enjoy a nice life, and for us to be able to enjoy her and our time together. Talking to you helped me realize I was getting confused as I am also training Chester for his recertification test. I'll look at the teaching videos again right now. Looks like Sean, Megan, and I will drive down with Sofie to meet Stephanie on Saturday 10/9, then go on to look at Johns Hopkins Engineering and spend the night in a hotel up by Stephanie so that we can meet up with her again in the morning Sunday 10/10 before heading home. Didn't you say your husband is an engineer? What kind? Megan's not sure what kind she wants but she's super talented in math, so she's going to give it a whirl. My mike went to school in NYC, The Cooper Union and majored in electrical engineering, then spent over 30 years doing computer work for Hewlett Packard. Loved the pic of your peaches!!! Are those home grown? Didn't know peaches grew in Utah!!
    Thanks again for your chat and encouragement today.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete