A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
As you can see, we didn't do so well with the distractions, but Roxanne, please remind me again how I do the correction when Sofie moves a foot or more during the sit stay? I walked back to her and pulled up on the collar but do I say stay again? Thanks!! Nancy
You are correct that you simply correct her from the front and reposition her where you left her in the Sit/Stay. To stabilize her, I would have put her next to the fence and by the lamp post, then do the Sit/Stay. She needs boundaries to help her.
OK. Good to know about the boundaries. And, thanks for the reminder on how to correct the sit/stay. OK about the foot moving or the head dropping below the shoulders. N
As you can see, we didn't do so well with the distractions, but Roxanne, please remind me again how I do the correction when Sofie moves a foot or more during the sit stay? I walked back to her and pulled up on the collar but do I say stay again?
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
Nancy
Hey, it looks like her collar is on bass akwards?
ReplyDeleteYou are correct that you simply correct her from the front and reposition her where you left her in the Sit/Stay. To stabilize her, I would have put her next to the fence and by the lamp post, then do the Sit/Stay. She needs boundaries to help her.
Good effort!
And correct for even a foot moving or the head dropping below her shoulders too.
ReplyDeleteOK. Good to know about the boundaries. And, thanks for the reminder on how to correct the sit/stay. OK about the foot moving or the head dropping below the shoulders.
ReplyDeleteN