A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Hi. I hope I followed your instructions. Take a look. Did two videos. She did much better on the second one. Distractions: Kaitlin on her ipad at the kitchen table, the cat, and 3 different types of food. I guess no zoom tonight at 8, how about tomorrow? I get home about 7:50pm on Mondays after doing the car pool to boy scouts. I can ask the boys to go a few minutes earlier. Or, should I practice and attempt the chair test again? Thanks as always for your guidance AND PATIENCE!! Long day her, my feet are killing me!! I'm trying to get my walking partner Petya to allow me to bring the dogs on the river walk we do Sunday mornings, but she is deathly afraid of dogs! Ugh! So, I walk with her for an hour and a half and then come home and walk dogs for another 45 min. to an hour on Sundays. Walking is good, so.... YOU LOOKED FABULOUS IN YOUR SUNDAY OUTFIT TODAY!!! Hugs, Nancy
Sofie isn't quite where she needs to be so continue to practice thr Chair Test amid great distractions.
One pointer is I want you to remain with your feet planted once you issue "Fetch" command. The fact that you move, once she moves, is actually causing Sofie to second guess what should she focus on? The command given? Or you moving?
You have the leash in "O" ring. Either she will obey or fail. When she obeys, promptly with clean pickup, move behind Cato Plank, give a BIG smile, then allow her to return to you with SSIF with db.
When she fails, simply close your left hand in "O" ring, snub her back so she then CAN'T get to db, get on her ears and escorted her to DB with double EC's.
Unless she fails, once you send her, remain still.
Hi. I hope I followed your instructions. Take a look. Did two videos. She did much better on the second one. Distractions: Kaitlin on her ipad at the kitchen table, the cat, and 3 different types of food. I guess no zoom tonight at 8, how about tomorrow? I get home about 7:50pm on Mondays after doing the car pool to boy scouts. I can ask the boys to go a few minutes earlier. Or, should I practice and attempt the chair test again?
ReplyDeleteThanks as always for your guidance AND PATIENCE!!
Long day her, my feet are killing me!! I'm trying to get my walking partner Petya to allow me to bring the dogs on the river walk we do Sunday mornings, but she is deathly afraid of dogs! Ugh! So, I walk with her for an hour and a half and then come home and walk dogs for another 45 min. to an hour on Sundays. Walking is good, so....
YOU LOOKED FABULOUS IN YOUR SUNDAY OUTFIT TODAY!!!
Hugs,
Nancy
Wow...great distractions/refusals/
ReplyDelete& handler PIC corrections, Nancy!!!!
Sofie isn't quite where she needs to be so continue to practice thr Chair Test amid great distractions.
One pointer is I want you to remain with your feet planted once you issue "Fetch" command. The fact that you move, once she moves, is actually causing Sofie to second guess what should she focus on? The command given? Or you moving?
You have the leash in "O" ring. Either she will obey or fail. When she obeys, promptly with clean pickup, move behind Cato Plank, give a BIG smile, then allow her to return to you with SSIF with db.
When she fails, simply close your left hand in "O" ring, snub her back so she then CAN'T get to db, get on her ears and escorted her to DB with double EC's.
Unless she fails, once you send her, remain still.
Does that make sense?