A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin.
Here is Week 1 Exam, Readiness Test--Sean hid behind a tree while I covered Sofie's eyes, then he walked out from behind it as I was approaching with Sofie, continued to walk to see if she would follow him but thankfully she did not.
Good practice, but not exactly the EXAM setup I am looking for. When you come back from vacation, do one day of medium distractions, then go to HIGH, VERY HIGH distractions on LL. When Sophie can successfully see her toy fall close by or notice a toddler close by and continue to remain in the Safety Zone without any collar correction, THEN she will be ready for the Week 1 EXAM and she will pass with flying colors!
Here is Week 1 Exam, Readiness Test--Sean hid behind a tree while I covered Sofie's eyes, then he walked out from behind it as I was approaching with Sofie, continued to walk to see if she would follow him but thankfully she did not.
ReplyDeleteGood practice, but not exactly the EXAM setup I am looking for. When you come back from vacation, do one day of medium distractions, then go to HIGH, VERY HIGH distractions on LL. When Sophie can successfully see her toy fall close by or notice a toddler close by and continue to remain in the Safety Zone without any collar correction, THEN she will be ready for the Week 1 EXAM and she will pass with flying colors!
ReplyDeleteGo have fun, Nancy
OK. Will do.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
N