FOUNDATION Course Outline

Equipment needed for FOUNDATION Course

Monday, June 21, 2021

Sofie lunge line in a field 6.21.21

 


3 comments:

  1. First day of lunge line work in a field with Sofie. We missed 5 days of work together due to my back but I'm able to walk OK again. Still feel the strain but going slowly. We had minor distractions in the field today (loud birds, moths, and the smell of dogs on the pole) but I was happy that she did as well as she did. Not sure how I did, felt awkward. Roxanne, what do I do when Sofie tries to play with the line? Also, do I do a different field each day, or can I do the same field for awhile, then switch it up? The school is so close to my house, just a short ride away, so I would like to continue there. luckily there are a few different fields to use. Sean just finished school. Would love for him to build my training table. Fingers crossed. The costs of wood has skyrocketed though! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Sophie plays with the line either move more briskly (as a slow pace allows a dog to cease paying attention you and the dog then looks for something else to do) or walk the line.

    Different fields if possible but no field is ever the same as the distractions always change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take smaller steps. You could work a horse with those length of steps-:)

    ReplyDelete